Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Giving In and Giving, are heavy on my heart and possibly my hips today

I am not sure once I get back into working at night how often I will have time to blog like this....but I am liking writing.  Most likely, I am the only one reading this or the world is getting a healthy dose of who I am and what I believe.  I am guessing that is what blogs are for.
I will start out by saying today turned out to be a not a great eating day for me.  Something about when I am served 'free' food I have no guard against eating bread and sugar and I might add it tastes even more heavenly to me when it is 'free'.  Silly I know.  But true!  That is the beauty of Advocare. It is not so much a diet, as a way of eating for a lifetime.  There are guidelines and then there are products that make it easier to stay within the guidelines. I like that the goal is to stay on the guidelines 80% of the time which means approximately 7 meals a week I can eat whatever I want.... and so I did today...

I attended a medical conference. Before I left home I had my vitamins followed by a banana and some turkey and a Spark drink  (odd combo..you may think but meets the guidelines of 10 grams of protein and less than 30 gms of carb for a meal), my snack 3 hours later at the conference was a bran muffin and some raw nuts ( which I keep handy in my backpack) and lots of water.  Lunch was veggies and a chicken breast (here comes the bad part...2 warm whole grain rolls and dessert was   a warm delectible chocolate creaation with pudding in it and beries on the side).  I'm telling you..the free part...gets me everytime!  I was so full in the afternoon from eating those off limits things, I ignored eating 3 hours later and went straight to the gym to do the only exercise I can do with a healing knee, stationary bike for 30 minutes.  I rode that bike fast and really got my heart rate up with low resistance and then came home and walked the dog with Ryan.  You can guess after that, I was famished and the celery and  natural peanut butter I planned on having  to make up for the bad stuff earlier was gone ( thank you Ryan) and Tom's leftover pizza was staring at me.  You can guess what happenned.  The moral of the story is...eat every 3 hours and this wont happen to you and don't keep stuff you know is off limits in your house!
Again...it is ok.  I used up 2 of my 7 free meals for the week and will get back on track 1st thing in the morning.  A guideline for Advocare is do not eat 2 and a half hours before bed so now I am drinking water, journaling and then to bed. 
Lastly, I want to journal about my quiet time this morning.  I can't wait to learn how to add daily pictures to this blog.  I would show you some of the speakers from today's conference who were organ recepients...they touched my heart by the gifts they were given.  A mom who got a new heart and a young teacher who received 2 different livers within a week...saved their lives, changed their fate.  This all ties into my  morning quiet time on giving. 
In 1 Timothy 6 I read this today:
'"A devout life does bring wealth, but it's the rich simplicity of being yourself before God.  Since we entered the world penniless and will leave it penniless, if we have bread on our table and shoes on our feet that's enough."
This chapter in Timothy goes on to say,"  Tell those rich in this world's wealth to quit being so full of themselves and so obsessed with money, which is here today and gone tomorrow.  Tell them to go after God, who piles on all the riches we could ever manage---to do good, to be rich in helping others, to be extravagantly generous.  If they do that, they'll build a treasury that will last, gaining life that is truly life.'
From these verses I am inspired to live simply so that I can give extravagantly generous.  I am reminded my life is richer when I help others.  Lastly, I am challenged to ask myself is having food on my table and shoes on my feet enough?
Oh and by the way...I do have that little pink sticker that identifies me as a potential organ donor on my drivers liscense , do you? 

Organ-don...

No comments:

Post a Comment